** This list is managed by Dr Evangelos Himonides (UCL), on behalf of the Society for Education and Music Psychology Research (sempre), and aims to serve as a discussion forum for researchers working at the shared boundaries of science and music. This list was previously managed by the Institute of Musical Research. ** MESSAGE FOLLOWS:
The Music, Science and Technology Research Cluster (mstrc) at the at the Department of Music, University of York, invites applications for PhD research. A number of fully-funded studentships are available for outstanding candidates through the White Rose College of the Arts & Humanities (WRoCAH).

The mstrc provides outstanding facilities, a seminar series, a supportive community of interdisciplinary researchers, and a thriving environment that benefits from the broader musical activities of the department.

We welcome PhD applications that fit one (or more) of our research groups:

York Music Psychology Group (YMPG)
Music Production, Processing and Analysis Group (MPPAG)
Technologies for Musical Creativity Group (TMCG)

Students may propose topics under any of these areas through the WRoCAH AHRC Open Competition. The scholarship covers the UK/EU tuition fees and, for eligible students, a maintenance grant.

Applicants for WRoCAH studentships must have received an offer to PhD in York before the WRoCAH application deadline of Friday 23th January 2019. For more information about the studentships including eligibility and how to apply, please visit the WRoCAH application page:

http://wrocah.ac.uk/funding/prospective-students/

Please contact one of our research group leaders if you are interested in applying:
Dr Hauke Egermann (YMPG) [log in to unmask]
Dr Jez Wells (MPPAG) [log in to unmask]
Dr Federico Reuben  (TMCG) [log in to unmask]

To learn more about our mstrc research cluster, please visit:
www.mstrcyork.org
www.ympg.uk

Dr Hauke Egermann

Assistant Professor in Music Psychology
York Music Psychology Group (Director)
Music Science and Technology Research Cluster
Department of Music
University of York
Heslington, York
YO10 5DD, UK

Phone: +44 - 1904 - 324303

Room: MRC / 003

 - my office hours are Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm -

****please have a look at my TEDx talk: http://youtu.be/kzFgoaZ9-VQ *****

To unsubscribe from the MUSIC-AND-SCIENCE list, click the following link:
https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?SUBED1=MUSIC-AND-SCIENCE&A=1