Please circulate this announcement in your lab

With the endorsement of the Collège Sciences de la Santé, Université of Bordeaux

December 17th 2018

Workshop "Medical Nihilism"

9h40 - 17h00, Salle Denucé, Campus Victoire, Bordeaux, France

Registration is free, but mandatory: sign up here

The publication of Jacob Stegenga’s Medical Nihilism in 2018 is a major event for philosophy of medicine. The conclusion of the book, namely, that we ought to have low confidence in medical interventions, is provocative. The argument broadly encompasses many aspects of medical science, from the concept of efficiency to the malleability of meta-analysis, and makes a meticulous case against our spontaneous trust in medical evidence.
The workshop hosts several philosophers of medicine from Europe that have worked on medical research, evidence, public policy, and pharmaceuticals. They will examine the claims made by Stegenga. Is his skepticism throwing the baby out with the bathwater?
Find the full program here.

Please don't hesitate to contact me for further questions.

Best regards,

Wiebke Bretting

--
Dr. Wiebke Bretting
Project Manager ERC IDEM

To unsubscribe from the MERSENNE list, click the following link:
https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?SUBED1=MERSENNE&A=1