Dear MeCCSA Policy List colleagues,

Please can I draw your attention to a few points.

The Annual Meccsa Policy Group network meeting will take place on Thursday 10 January 2019 (lunchtime session, exact details to follow), during the annual MeCCSA Conference at University of Stirling.  All are welcome to discuss policy issues, propose new events or initiatives and contribute to the running of the group.  The meeting is also the place where we vote in the Chair and deputy chairs of the group. If you would like to become involved please attend the meeting. We look forward to getting together to discuss all things policy related!

The Network has typically worked to a budget of up to £2000 - this budget allocation will be confirmed in January 2019.  If you would like to be considered for a policy network event for next year (2019) please send me initial details/ideas before 11 December 2018.  You can apply for travel and expenses for guest speakers. You may also apply for contributions for the costs of refreshments for all-day events (but such events should include a delegate fee).  Funding will not be approved for university room hire or refreshments for half-day events.  If you are interested, we will need the following information (shown at the end of this email), but feel free to get in touch if you are not yet at the stage of having well worked out costings etc.

Finally, if you have been engaged in policy related activities throughout 2018 and would like them recorded in the network’s annual report, please let me know.

I look forward to seeing many of you in Stirling!

Regards,

Phil Ramsey

Chair, MeCCSA Policy Network (meccsa.org.uk/networks/policy-network/)

Dr Phil Ramsey

School of Communication and Media | Centre for Media Research

Ulster University

Room 17E05, Ulster University

Shore Road, Newtownabbey

Co. Antrim

Northern Ireland
BT37 0QB

T: 0044 (0)28 9036 8858

https://ulster.academia.edu/PhilRamsey

http://orcid.org/0000-0001-5873-489X

https://twitter.com/ramsey_phil

https://twitter.com/meccsapolicy

a)       Title of activity/event

b)       Location, date and length of event (i.e. all-day, half-day or less)

c)       Brief description

d)       Budget (please use as many rows as needed)

Budget item

Cost

Projected Income (e.g. University support, delegate fees, MeCCSA funding request)

Total Income

Projected Expenditure

Total Expenditure

This email and any attachments are confidential and intended solely for the use of the addressee and may contain information which is covered by legal, professional or other privilege. If you have received this email in error please notify the system manager at [log in to unmask] and delete this email immediately. Any views or opinions expressed are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Ulster University.
The University's computer systems may be monitored and communications carried out on them may be recorded to secure the effective operation of the system and for other lawful purposes. Ulster University does not guarantee that this email or any attachments are free from viruses or 100% secure. Unless expressly stated in the body of a separate attachment, the text of email is not intended to form a binding contract. Correspondence to and from the University may be subject to requests for disclosure by 3rd parties under relevant legislation.
The Ulster University was founded by Royal Charter in 1984 and is registered with company number RC000726 and VAT registered number GB672390524.The primary contact address for Ulster University in Northern Ireland is Cromore Road, Coleraine, Co. Londonderry BT52 1SA
------------------------------------------------- MeCCSA Policy mailing list W: http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/meccsa-policy.html Please visit this page to browse list's archives, or to join or leave the list.