Dear Lydia and colleagues,

I find the following very useful: 1. Watch youtube Chineasy clip.( So they get a general idea).2. teacher watch 汉字宫, knowing the meaning/origin of raficals, and whenever meeting a new radical make sure to link radical and its character if different,talkabout how and why the characters might be made with particular radicals ect 3. spot the same / different parts in characters, 4. word search (check out 四五快读, lots of the methods are useful.) 5. imagination, story, pictures, see https://www.chinesecharacterart.com/  for inspiration. 6. of course, quizlet, memorize

Best,

Ruiying

发自 Android 版 Yahoo 邮箱

2018 年 12 月 5 日周三下午 2:01,Lydia Hargreaves
<[log in to unmask]> 写道:
Dear colleagues,

I am wondering if any members of the forum might have resources related to Chinese-specific study skills which they would be willing to share with me.

I would like to provide my Year 9 students with some strategies to improve character recall, and wanted to check if there are any resources out there before I create my own.

Wishing you all a merry Christmas!

Lydia Hargreaves-March
Teacher of Chinese and English
Pinner High School

To unsubscribe from the MANDARIN-CHINESE-TEACHING list, click the following link:
https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?SUBED1=MANDARIN-CHINESE-TEACHING&A=1