Hi Nikki, all of our libraries have been approached about this in Nottingham City, but I haven’t had chance to investigate it yet.  Have you decided whether to work with them?  Thanks Jane

From: lis-pub-libs: UK Public Libraries <[log in to unmask]> On Behalf Of Cooper Nikki
Sent: 21 December 2018 15:02
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Book giveaways in libraries as part of a media promotion

Anyone else been approached to use your libraries as a collection point for book giveaways as part of media campaigns in magazines and newspapers? Anyone doing this already?

What would you consider the pros and cons? My initial thoughts are below:

Pros
Increased footfall
Opportunity to ‘cross sell’ library services
Using the ‘giveaway’ as an opportunity to tie in events and other book promotion activities within the library service
A small amount of new stock from each campaign

Cons
Staff time operating a voucher system or other collection process on behalf of the promotion
Storage of items and access to books waiting or collection (could be 150 items)
Delivery and access to buildings
Administration time

Thank you,

Nikki

Nikki Cooper, Interim Bibliographic and Library Support Service Manager

Cambridgeshire Libraries, Archives and Information Service

Roger Ascham Library Site

Ascham Road

Cambridge

CB4 2BD

Email:          [log in to unmask]

Telephone:  01223 699115

Twitter:         @cambslib

Facebook:   Cambridgeshire Libraries

The information in this email is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee. If you receive this email by mistake please notify the sender and delete it immediately. Opinions expressed are those of the individual and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Cambridgeshire County Council. All sent and received email from Cambridgeshire County Council is automatically scanned for the presence of computer viruses and security issues. Any personal data will be processed in line with the Data Protection legislation, further details at www.cambridgeshire.gov.uk/privacy Visit www.cambridgeshire.gov.uk

To unsubscribe from the LIS-PUB-LIBS list, click the following link:
https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?SUBED1=LIS-PUB-LIBS&A=1

This email is security checked and subject to the disclaimer on web-page: http://www.nottinghamcity.gov.uk/privacy-statement This message has been scanned by Exchange Online Protection.