Dear Colleagues,

We’re delighted to announce the launch of the Islamic Scientific Manuscripts Initiative (ISMI) website at https://ismi.mpiwg-berlin.mpg.de . This covers the period to ca. 1350 CE.

This launch represents the culmination of over two decades of collaborative work that has brought together many institutions and individuals (see the <Acknowledgements> under <About>). We have worked together to provide a usable online database to facilitate research in the history of the mathematical sciences (broadly conceived) in the Islamic world.

We would appreciate receiving your input—suggestions, corrections, additions, criticisms—at [log in to unmask]

Best regards,

The ISMI Executive Board

Prof. Lorraine Daston, Max Planck Institute for the History of Science (Berlin)

Prof. Jamil Ragep, McGill University

Dr. Sally Ragep, McGill University

Senior IT Researcher: Dr. Robert Casties, Max Planck Institute for the History of Science (Berlin)

Anaïs Salamon

Associate Librarian, McGill University | Head, Islamic Studies Library

Bibliothécaire associée, Université McGill| Chef, Bibliothèque d’Études Islamiques

+1-514-398-4688 / +1-514-449-1952 |blog | facebook | twitter

McGill University is on land which has long served as a site of meeting and exchange amongst Indigenous peoples, including the Haudenosaunee and Anishinabeg nations. We acknowledge and thank the diverse Indigenous people whose footsteps have marked this territory on which peoples of the world now gather.

L’Université McGill est sur un emplacement qui a longtemps servi de lieu de rencontre et d’échange entre les peuples autochtones, y compris les nations Haudenosaunee et Anishinabeg. Nous reconnaissons et remercions les divers peuples autochtones dont les pas ont marqué ce territoire sur lequel les peuples du monde entier se réunissent maintenant.

To unsubscribe from the LIS-MIDDLE-EAST list, click the following link:
https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?SUBED1=LIS-MIDDLE-EAST&A=1