Dear All

Has anyone come across a discussion list for Ovid native database users, particularly Medline and Embase. My colleague has just found that Ovid is upset now if you put inverted commas around a phrase (this isn’t necessary in Ovid but is in other databases) ie it sends an error message and won’t run the line of the search. I was aware that it didn’t need the inverted commas now but thought that it would accept them if used, whereas now it doesn’t seem to be accepting them.

Best wishes

Sarah

Sarah Sutton

Clinical Librarian

Children's Services, Diabetes Care, Emergency Department, Women's, Perinatal and Sexual Health Services.

My usual working days are Monday and Tuesday, but I can come in on other days by prior arrangement.

Odames Library,
Level 1
Victoria Building
Leicester Royal Infirmary
Infirmary Square
Leicester
LE1 5WW

Tel 0116 258 5558

http://www.uhl-library.nhs.uk/cl

We now have two amazing evidence based point of care services:

- UpToDate, is available to UHL staff. Access it by the U icon on your UHL pc Desktop and register there to get offsite access and the app for your mobile device.

- Dynamed is available using a UHL Athens account or as an app for your mobile device

- RefWorks, the reference management software, is available from on or off site to UHL staff

This e-mail, including any attached files, may contain confidential and / or privileged information and is intended for the exclusive use of the addressee(s) printed above. If you are not the addressee(s), any unauthorised review, disclosure, reproduction, other dissemination or use of this e-mail, or taking of any action in reliance upon the information contained herein, is strictly prohibited. If this e-mail has been sent to you in error, please return to the sender. No guarantee can be given that the contents of this email are virus free - The University Hospitals of Leicester NHS Trust cannot be held responsible for any failure by the recipient(s) to test for viruses before opening any attachments. The information contained in this e-mail may be the subject of public disclosure under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 - unless legally exempt from disclosure, the confidentiality of this e-mail and your reply cannot be guaranteed. Copyright in this email and any attachments created by us remains vested in the University Hospitals of Leicester NHS Trust.

To unsubscribe from the LIS-MEDICAL list, click the following link:
https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?SUBED1=LIS-MEDICAL&A=1