Hello from Manchester

Thank you so much to everyone who replied with expertise for my search request

The following were most useful in developing the search strategy.

1.    Try Royal College of Psychiatrists web site

Royal College of Psychiatrists, March 2017. Parental mental illness. The impact on children and adolescents. [Leaflet] Available online at:

https://www.rcpsych.ac.uk/docs/default-source/mental-health/parents-and-young-people/leaflet-parental-mental-illness-the-impact-on-children-and-adolescents.pdf?sfvrsn=f4459d7_2 (accessed 20th December, 2018)

2.    MESH headings  - combine condition specific terms if required with..

Try specific therapies Family Therapy/

Look for (Mother Child Relations/ OR Father Child Relations/) AND Disclosure/

3.    Broaden the search Look more broad for the impact of mental health (positive or negative) on parenting

Best wishes

Rosalind

Rosalind McNally MSC MCLIP Revalidated November 2018

Outreach Librarian

Library and Knowledge Services

Greater Manchester Mental Health NHS Foundation Trust

Research and Innovation

3rd Floor Rawnsley Building, Manchester Royal Infirmary

Hathersage Road, Manchester, M13 9WL

Mobile: 07501486816

Tel. The Knowledge Service 0161 271 0505

Tel. The Curve Library  0161 358 1772

Please note I do not work on a Wednesday

[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask] | @Knowledge_GMMH  | www.gmmh.nhs.uk/services-library

Email%20Signature%20Image

https://www.bmj.com/company/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/BP-sig-1-1.png

The information contained in this message and any attachments is intended only for the use of the individual
or entity to which it is addressed, and may contain information that is PRIVILEGED, CONFIDENTIAL and exempt
from disclosure under applicable law.
If you have received this message in error, you are prohibited from copying, distributing, or using the information.
Please contact the sender immediately by return e-mail and delete the original message from your system.
Remember that emails sent or received by our staff may be subject to disclosure under the Freedom of Information Act.

Greater Manchester Mental Health NHS Foundation Trust

To unsubscribe from the LIS-MEDICAL list, click the following link:
https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?SUBED1=LIS-MEDICAL&A=1