Hi everyone,

Our Continuous Improvement Team have created some training to explain about CI and encourage teams to work with them on CI projects. One aspect they would like help with is unintended consequences of changes/improvement projects in healthcare. I've found studies and a couple of examples but what they really would like are real life examples from Trusts to make the training more engaging. I'm finding it difficult to find any! Are they are examples you could share with me, that are ok to be used in training with NHS staff? Any department is fine, clinical or non-clinical, and they don't need to be dramatic (although to be honest the more dramatic the better to get delegates engaged and see the benefit of the CI process!)

Thank you in advance and Merry Christmas!

Best wishes,
Heather

Heather Steele Bsc MA MCLIP
Library and Knowledge Lead
Library and Knowledge Service
Leeds & York Partnership NHS Foundation Trust
Tel:     0113 85 55658
www.leedsandyorkpft.nhs.uk<http://www.leedsandyorkpft.nhs.uk/>
Please note my working days are Tuesday - Friday
[A Million Decisions logo]
[Email footer image Small]

Resource of the month: Cochrane Library
The Cochrane Library is a set of databases of high-quality independent evidence on the effects of health-care interventions and treatments. The Cochrane Library is useful when you require:

  *   A source of best evidence on effective treatments and healthcare interventions.
  *   Information on the methodology of systematic reviews.
  *   Information to support evidence-based healthcare
Access the Cochrane Library via the healthcare databases<http://www.leedslibraries.nhs.uk/resources/healthcare-databases/> page of the Leeds libraries website or directly via www.thecochranelibrary.com<http://www.thecochranelibrary.com/>
Further information can be found at http://www.leedslibraries.nhs.uk/index.php?id=151