Hi all,

We are reviewing the processes used on the self-service machines in our libraries. We currently expect users to scan their ID card, and then enter a PIN number before issuing a book. This security feature was put in place (some time ago) so that, for instance, a found card could not be used by a 3rd party.

In this era of contactless tap-on payments do we still need users to enter a PIN number as well as swiping their ID cards before issuing?

I would be interested to hear from anyone who has recently tightened their self-service security, or libraries who feel no need for an additional step in proving ID.

Thanks J

Adam Pickard-Brace

Librarian – Customer Services

Monday - Friday 8.45am – 5pm

University of Nottingham Libraries

University Park

Nottingham, NG7 2RD

+44 (0) 115 9514559 nottingham.ac.uk

cid:image001.jpg@01D3B626.E6C3F210

Follow us

Facebook.com/UniofNottingham

Twitter.com/UniofNottingham

Youtube.com/nottmuniversity

Instagram.com/uniofnottingham

Linkedin.com/company/university-of-nottingham

Foursquare.com/uniofnottingham

attachment.

where permitted by law.

To unsubscribe from the LIS-LINK list, click the following link:
https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?SUBED1=LIS-LINK&A=1