That seems to have worked a charm, thank you very much!

On Wed, 19 Dec 2018 at 14:29, Matthew Webster <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Hello,
  Can you try running:

sudo yum install epel-release

before running the openblas-devel install?

Kind Regards
Matthew
--------------------------------
Dr Matthew Webster
FMRIB Centre
John Radcliffe Hospital
University of Oxford

On 19 Dec 2018, at 14:27, Iain Croall <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Dear all,

I'm just trying to setup a new FSL virtual machine. Following the instructions, I have installed VMware, and the current FSLvm package within this (for Windows 7). The setup has gone fine so far, but I've quickly hit a problem after FSL finished installing itself wherein a library seems to be missing.

If I run e.g. fslmaths, I will get this:

fslmaths: error while loading shared libraries: libopenblas.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

My knowledge on the real gubbins behind linux OS is a little limited so excuse me if my interpretation is a bit basic! I think I'm missing a software library that goes by the name libopenblas (or similar). Googling the issue I've mainly found solutions for Ubuntu with apt-get, however translating the most common solution to yum doesn't help (which is to get something called libopenblas-base):

sudo yum install libopenblas-base
Loaded plugins: fastestmirror, langpacks
* base: mirror.econdc.com
* extras: mirrors.clouvider.net
* updates: centos.serverspace.co.uk
No package libopenblas-base available.
Error: Nothing to do

I've additionally looked around and have found what I believe to be similar or related libraries to libopenblas which I *can* find / install with yum. I've done this with "blas" and "lapack", although this hasn't solved the core issue.

Could someone please tell me what it is specifically I might need to install via yum to cover this?

As a bonus question, unlike my previous FSL VMware installation (from about a year ago), on this fresh one my shared folder hasn't setup properly; I've added one in via properties etc., but there is no hgfs folder to see within the mnt directory. Any help on this would also be really appreciated!

Thanks in advance,
Iain