Dear experts,
I have three groups:
- pre treatment (baseline)
- post treatment (follow-up after 6 month of the baseline visit)
- healthy controls.

The three groups have PET data. I ran paired t test using randomise between pre and post treatment. The analysis failed to show significant change in the signal between baseline and follow-up visits. As an alternative approach I tried:
- Voxel-wise between pre treatment vs healthy controls. This analysis found cluster A of significant difference
- Voxel-wise between post treatment vs healthy controls. This analysis found cluster B of significant difference

I subtracted the two clusters A and B using fslmaths then I used the resultant mask (the difference between the clusters A and B) to measure the required signal.

Statistically, is this analysis is circular and can;t be applied?

Thanks for any suggestion or highlights!

John