Dear all

I am delighted to be able to share a short film we have been making with Professor Mike Oliver (who was a student at the University of Kent in the 1970s) documenting his career and the paths that led him to help develop the idea of the social model of disability.

The film is available to view on YouTube: Kicking Down the Doors: From Borstal Boy to University Professor<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMfvoh-j9qw&feature=youtu.be>.

It's a really interesting and important story that covers Professor Oliver's early career as well as providing many insights into the recent history of disability rights and academia.

Please share it far and wide.

Best regards
Ben

Ben Watson
Accessible Information Adviser
University of Kent
Room GG3B
Keynes College
Canterbury
Kent
CT2 7NP
T:01227 816338

Accessibility at Kent<https://www.kent.ac.uk/studentsupport/accessibility/>
Productivity tools<http://www.kent.ac.uk/tools>

[Title: Times Higher Education Awards logo - Winner of the Outstanding Support for Students Award 2018  - Description: Times Higher Education Awards logo - Winner of the Outstanding Support for Students Award 2018]