image.png

Dear SDS colleagues and allies,

We have exciting news! A generous sponsor has agreed to match every dollar you give or pledge to give to the Society for Disability Studies up to $7,500 – from today until December 22, 2018.

This is a wonderful opportunity for you to renew your SDS membership for all of 2019, become a new or returning member, or make a donation or pledge today. Act now to double your impact. We have just two weeks!

Please visit the SDS website (http://disstudies.org) for full information about Membership benefits and the 2019 dues structure for individuals and organizations. The benefits of Membership continue to expand: we support Disability Studies Quarterly; our Members’ List thrives; SDS is again co-conferencing at Ohio State University as SDS@OSU Multiple Perspectives on Disability, Access, and Inclusion in April 2019 (the CFP is on our website); we have a series of Webinars to launch; DSQ will host a Forum series to discuss newly published work; an expanded Website with more Member resources is forthcoming; and SDS is developing a communication network with other US and international disability studies teaching, research, and advocacy groups.

We’re currently offering several specials on Organizational Memberships. You may customize a bundle of Professional and/or Student Memberships under one organizational name and dues — just ask us at [log in to unmask]. This is a great way to support your students, junior colleagues, and constituents, and to advance the work of SDS. We encourage those of you who have the good fortune to work at an institution that pays your Membership to consider this option. It comes with formal acknowledgments and opportunities to promote your program.

We also hope you’ll consider making a tax-deductible donation beyond your annual dues payment. Contribute today to make sure that we can match your gift. Donations can be made directly via the SDS payment portal: https://societyfordisabilitystudies.wildapricot.org/Donate/. To pledge now and pay later email [log in to unmask].

Share this news with your networks—encourage your colleagues, students, friends, and organizations to join and give to SDS before the match runs out!

Thank you for your continuing enthusiasm for our Society for Disability Studies.

In solidarity,

Joanne Woiak, Mallory Kay Nelson, & Frank Wyman, SDS Development Committee

For additional information contact:  [log in to unmask]

________________End of message________________ This Disability-Research Discussion list is managed by the Centre for Disability Studies at the University of Leeds (www.leeds.ac.uk/disability-studies). Enquiries about list administration should be sent to [log in to unmask] Archives and tools are located at: www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/disability-research.html You can VIEW, POST, JOIN and LEAVE the list by logging in to this web page.