From: Discussion list for disabled students and their support staff. <[log in to unmask]> On Behalf Of Solomon, Kate
Sent: 10 December 2018 13:47
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: 2 questions

Afternoon All,

I have 2 queries that I would welcome responses on:

1)      I would like to get feedback on what assistive technology other Universities have installed on their networks. We currently have ClaroRead and Inspiration. We have had this for a number of years and are looking into whether it is necessary to update the software. I would therefore appreciate your thoughts on this and if there is a feeling that other technologies have superseded these. Colleagues in Education Development have commented on the usefulness of Mindview.

2)      Does anyone have experience of portable alarm systems and can vouch for any?  We have a student with a chronic health condition which mean she can faint. H&S staff are asking about useful and cost effective systems.

Many thanks

Kate

Kate Solomon

Disability Adviser (part-time)

Tuesday Wednesday Thursday

Tel: +44 (0)1707 66 6436

Mobile: +44 (0)7595 2013 143

Email[log in to unmask]

Need to see one of our Advisers, book an appointment via Learn at:

https://learn.rvc.ac.uk/mod/subpage/view.php?id=36942

Advice Centre,

The Royal Veterinary College

Camden & Hawkshead Campuses

http://www.rvc.ac.uk/study/support-for-students

RVC Logo - link to RVC Website    Twitter icon - link to RVC (Official) Twitter    Facebook icon - link to RVC (Official) Facebook    YouTube icon - link to RVC YouTube    Pinterest icon - link to RVC Pinterest    Instagram icon - link to RVC Instagram

This message, together with any attachments, is intended for the stated addressee(s) only and may contain privileged or confidential information. Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Royal Veterinary College (RVC). If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender and be advised that you have received this message in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying is strictly prohibited. Unless stated expressly in this email, this email does not create, form part of, or vary any contractual or unilateral obligation. Email communication cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, amended, lost, destroyed, incomplete or contain viruses. Therefore, we do not accept liability for any such matters or their consequences. Communication with us by email will be taken as acceptance of the risks inherent in doing so.

To unsubscribe from the DIS-FORUM list, click the following link:
https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?SUBED1=DIS-FORUM&A=1

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the originator of the message. This footer also confirms that this email message has been scanned for the presence of computer viruses. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, except where the sender specifies, and with authority, states them to be the views of Regent's University London. Regent's University London A Company limited by guarantee registered in England and Wales No: 1791760 Registered office: Inner Circle, Regent's Park, London, NW1 4NS Registered charity number: 291583