Residential Awards at the British School at Rome
for Research in the Humanities and Social Sciences
2019-20

Applications are invited for a number of residencies, suitable for early career scholars (at postgraduate and in particular early post-doctoral level), and for established scholars in the humanities and social sciences, who can demonstrate a need to be in Rome to undertake their research.  They are for research on any aspect of the social, religious, political and economic cultures of the Italian peninsula, and their wider textual, visual and material dissemination and reception, from prehistory to the modern period. These awards offer membership of a vibrant multidisciplinary research community, a varied and international events programme, accommodation in our residence, food, 24-hour access to our historic library collection and, for most early career scholars, a research grant. They are tenable for three or nine months.

APPLICATION DEADLINE:  17 January 2019

'I estimate that I could accomplish in a day in the BSR Library what otherwise might have taken me three weeks to a month'

'I found the interesting conversations at the BSR its most valuable asset and I was inspired by a number of scholars and artists to look at the topics of my own research from a new perspective'

'The stay at the BSR was invaluable for allowing access to the many archival resources available in Rome, and some elsewhere ... Due to the excellence of the libraries of the national academies based in Rome there is a great deal of foreign literature not found in Britain which can give a much wider scope to research'

We should be grateful if you could bring these opportunities to the attention of colleagues and (former) students.

For further details (including eligibility criteria) and application forms, please visit
http://www.bsr.ac.uk/awards/humanities-awards

Please visit our research page to learn more about our research
http://www.bsr.ac.uk/research

Dr Gill Clark | Registrar
British School at Rome, 10 Carlton House Terrace, London SW1Y 5AH, UK
T +44 (0)20 7969 5202 | E [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
Website<http://www.bsr.ac.uk> | Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/British-School-at-Rome-the-BSR-373618910214/> | Instagram<https://www.instagram.com/britishschoolatrome/> | Twitter<https://twitter.com/the_bsr> | WordPress<https://britishschoolatrome.wordpress.com> | YouTube<https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChT1x-zCuNdO4m0QW_Wo1vg>
The British School at Rome is a charity registered in England and Wales (no. 314176)
This message is sent in confidence for the addressee only. It may contain legally privileged information. The contents are not to be disclosed to anyone other than the addressee. Unauthorised recipients must preserve this confidentiality and should please advise the sender immediately of the error in transmission.

Archive of list messages may be found at:
http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/classicsgrads
Visit the same site to change your subscription settings.
All queries regarding the list should be directed to: