We have an immediate opening for a talented, highly motivated postdoctoral scholar in my laboratory at the University of Illinois located in downtown Chicago, IL (USA)
o study the structure and function of the ribosome (https://bios.uic.edu/bios/people/faculty/yury-polikanov).

The research in o
ur laboratory is focused on understanding basic principles of protein synthesis in bacteria, the modes of action of ribosome-targeting antibiotics, and mechanisms of drug resistance at a structural level. The successful candidate will be specifically involved in determination of high-resolution structures of ribosome functional complexes using macromolecular X-ray crystallography techniques.

Basic qualifications:

The successful candidate is also expected to:

  • Drive forward the projects;
  • Act independently or semi-independently in terms of planning and executing the experiments;
  • Compile, analyze, and prepare data for publications;
  • Assist with training of graduate and undergraduate students.
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Interested applicants should send their CV along with a cover letter briefly describing their research accomplishments, current research interests and contact information for three references directly to Dr. Yury Polikanov, [log in to unmask].

--

Yury Polikanov, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor

Inline image 1