Dear Tomas,

Along Radu’s comments, here’s another paper well worth looking into:

   Halff EF, Versteeg M, Brondijk TH, Huizinga EG
   When less becomes more: optimization of protein expression in HEK293-EBNA1 cells using plasmid titration - a case study for NLRs
   https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24680733

We have also observed this phenomenon several times, and simply diluting the expression construct did indeed help in such cases.

Good luck!

Luca

Luca Jovine, Ph.D.
Professor of Structural Biology & EMBO Member
Karolinska Institutet
Department of Biosciences and Nutrition & Center for Innovative Medicine
Medicinaren 25 Neo
Blickagången 16, SE-141 83 Huddinge, Sweden
E-mail: [log in to unmask]
W3: http://jovinelab.org