Hello all,

We had a query from our Endocrine team asking if they could use salivary cortisol measurement to determine response in a hydrocortisone day curve for a patient with very poor vascularity, (she has required a central line for access previously).

Does anyone have any advice on issues such as the lag between blood and salivary levels, and how salivary results correspond to serum levels?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
Iain

Dr Iain Woodrow FRCPath,
Clinical Biochemist
Department of Clinical Biochemistry
Pinderfields General Hospital
Aberford Rd
Wakefield
WF1 4DG

Phone 01924 317061 or 317000

We're now on Twitter!
Follow us:
@MidYorksPathLab
This email or any attachments to it may contain legally privileged or confidential data. You should not forward it to anyone without reference to the Trusts Confidentiality and EMail policies for guidance. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the author immediately by telephone or by replying to this e-mail and then delete all copies of the e-mail on your system. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not use, disclose, distribute, copy, print or rely on this e-mail.

This is an open discussion list for the academic and clinical community working in clinical biochemistry.
Please note, archived messages are public and can be viewed via the internet. Views expressed are those of the individual who posts and they are solely responsible for all message content.  The ACB does not monitor posts.

ACB Web Site
http://www.acb.org.uk
Green Laboratories Work
http://www.laboratorymedicine.nhs.uk