Hi Cyril

Thank you so much for your help. I went through the article you had shared regarding implicit vs explicit modeling of baseline.

I decided to change the model specification and removed the 'silence ' condition from the model specification in the first level.
But i could not estimate the model and i kept getting the following error "error using spm est non sphericity".

I use an explicit mask in the first level and masking threshold of 0.8.

I also tried using masking threshold of -inf and removed the explicit mask. Spm did estimate the model but in the results all the voxels are now outside the brain.

Please could you suggest a solution to this.

Thank you so much

Best
Payal