This is an email sent via the SHCG List. If you reply to this message, your message will be sent to all the people on the list, not just the author of this message.
---------------

[cid:image001.png@01D47A80.E41745C0]

[cid:image003.gif@01D47A80.E41019D0]<http://www.yorkmuseumstrust.org.uk/>

Hi Lowry,

When I worked at Brodsworth Hall we did a similar sampling project to reduce the amount of historic carpets in storage. Although we retained the 1860s carpets and had reproductions made, there were also a lot of twentieth century carpets which had been layered up and used for patching as the family’s finances worsened! When disposing of them we took full record shots, and also considered how the wear patterns indicated use, which might be something you could consider when recording/disposing.

Good luck with it,

Rachael.

Rachael Bowers
Assistant Curator of History