*** Apologies for cross-posting ***

We're gearing up to take the Digital Curation Centre's IDCC conference to Melbourne in February 2019 and have an exciting programme that has recently been announced. The theme of the conference is "Collaborations and Partnerships" and this has inspired a dynamic mix of papers and sessions including particularly strong clusters on digital humanities, creative arts curation, disciplinary challenges and curating indigenous data.

We also have a fantastic set of keynotes lined up. Christine Kenneally, an independent journalist, will open the conference with a presentation on “Data, the creation of history and its impact on real lives.” Day two will start with a plenary discussion between Nancy McGovern and Clifford Lynch on digital practice and collaboration, and the conference will close with a keynote from Dr Patricia Brennan, Director of US National Library of Medicine, on “Jumping into the stream of data curation.” Read more about the keynote speakers and their papers here: http://www.dcc.ac.uk/events/idcc19/speakers

For full details of what's in store, see the DCC new item at: http://www.dcc.ac.uk/news/idcc19-full-programme-announced

Registration is also open for all events:

·         Workshop details and registration, Monday 4th February, http://www.dcc.ac.uk/events/idcc19/workshops

·         IDCC conference registration, Tuesday 5th - Wednesday 6th February, http://www.dcc.ac.uk/events/idcc19/registration

·         Unconference details and registration, Thursday 7th February, http://www.dcc.ac.uk/events/idcc19/unconference

Early-bird rates close on 7th January so sign up soon!

We'll be making further announcements over coming weeks to profile the keynotes, outline plans for the unconference and sharing other exciting pre-event news. Follow the #idcc19 hashtag, watch out for news items or subscribe to our RSS feed to keep track - http://www.dcc.ac.uk/rss-feeds

Hope to see you in Melbourne

Sarah

Associate Director

Digital Curation Centre

www.dcc.ac.uk

Email: [log in to unmask]

Phone: 0141 330 6749

Skype: sarah.jones.ahds

Twitter: sjDCC

To unsubscribe from the RESEARCH-DATAMAN list, click the following link:
https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?SUBED1=RESEARCH-DATAMAN&A=1