Dear all

We have a couple of job opportunities at the British Society for Immunology that list members may be interested in.  Both roles will be based in our London office in Holborn. Details are below, but if you have any informal queries, please do free feel to drop me an email off list.

Policy & Public Affairs Manager

Location: BSI offices, 34 Red Lion Square, London, WC1R 4SG

Salary: £35,000 – £40,000

Hours: Full time, 35 hours per week

We are looking for a talented and ambitious Policy & Public Affairs Manager, who is passionate about science and healthcare, to join our team in central London. The role-holder will have responsibility for leading the development and coordination of our key strategic policy activities, including progressing external scientific and health policy for the Society and promoting the importance of engaging in policy-making to Society members. The postholder will be responsible for developing relationships with relevant stakeholders, using their proven influencing skills to deliver opportunities to promote immunology and the Society’s key messages. This fast-paced and creative role is ideally suited to a proactive and organised graduate, with outstanding communication skills and a proven track record of developing and delivering effective public affairs campaigns. This is an excellent opportunity to work within a science and health organisation and develop a wide range of policy and public affairs activities, as well as build interesting and important partnerships in a dynamic field of research.

Education & Careers Officer

Location: BSI offices, 34 Red Lion Square, London, WC1R 4SG

Salary: £25,000 – £30,000

Hours: Full time, 35 hours per week

We are looking for an Education & Careers Officer, with a good understanding of the science careers landscape, to join our team in central London. The role-holder will be responsible for the development and execution of all education and careers activities for the Society, including running activities for our members, providing guidance on career pathways and developing strategies to bring new people into the field of immunology. Working with our team, they will use their skills to develop innovative schemes of work to support current and future generations of immunologists across their careers, and to ensure that the Society delivers on its strategic plan. The role is ideally suited to a proactive and organised graduate/postgraduate, with an understanding and enthusiasm for biosciences, and with at least one year's experience of working in the science education or careers sector. You will need strong project management skills, matched with excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively to a wide range of audiences.

More info on both roles (including full job descriptions) can be found at https://www.immunology.org/about-us/vacancies.   Application for both roles is via CV and cover letter to [log in to unmask] with an application deadline for both of Monday 10 December 2018.

With best wishes

Jennie

Jennie Evans

Head of External Affairs

Tel:+44 (0)203 019 5912
Mob: +44(0)7703 807 444

British Society for Immunology
34 Red Lion Square, London, WC1R 4SG

Registered charity - 1043255 in England and Wales / SC047367 in Scotland, and registered in England and Wales as company 3009533
www.immunology.org

********************************************************************** psci-com how-to: Once subscribed, send emails for the list to [log in to unmask] If not subscribed, either subscribe here https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?A0=psci-com or send requests for items to be posted on your behalf to [log in to unmask] To unsubscribe (or silence messages while away) send an email (any subject) to [log in to unmask] with one of the following messages (ignoring text in brackets) • signoff psci-com (to leave the list) • set psci-com nomail (to stop receiving messages while on holiday) • set psci-com mail (to resume getting messages) Contact list owner at [log in to unmask] Small print and JISCMail acceptable use policy https://sites.google.com/site/pscicomjiscmail/the-small-print Contact Jisc Helpline: Email: [log in to unmask], Telephone: 0300 300 2212 **********************************************************************