Many thanks Lesley, that paper looks perfect and I hope you won't mind if I
share it with our Brookes panel.
Re. AR studies, yes, I did my own action research doctorate with Jack
Whitehead at Bath, and there were no issues at all with the Bath Univeristy
panel. That same project, however, at Brookes entails up to 30 pages of
detailed paperwork. So it is the diffference between institutional
approaches that concerns me, and I hope will give me a chance to re-educate
our Ethics panel that is definitely over-zealous on this matter (if not
actually out of touch)..
With thanks and good wishes,
Jane

--
Dr. Jane Spiro NTF, PhD, MPhil, MA, PGCE, SFHEA
Reader in Education and TESOL

*Sample publications*
*Authored books*

Spiro,. J, and Crisfeld, E. (2017) Linguistic and Cultural Innovation in
schools: the languages challenge   Basingstoke: Palgrave Macmillan
Spiro, J. (2015) Playing for Time  Kingsbridge: Oversteps   (poetry
collection)
Spiro, J. (2013) Changing Methodologies in TESOL  Edinburgh: Edinburgh
University Press

*Papers and book chapters*

Spiro, J. and Dymoke, S. (2015) Translating Writing Words: writing as a
poet, writing as an academic  in Jones, R.H. and Richards, J.C. (eds.)
*Creativity
in Language Teaching * New York and London: Routledge pp. 77 - 94

Spiro, J.  with EdD doctoral students (2015) Paving the way: creating space
for the doctoral journey*Educational Journal of Living Theories *Vol. 8 no.
3 pp. 75- 94  https://ejolts.net/files/Spiro_at_al8(1).pdf

Spiro, J. (2014) We are what we read: personal reading histories and the
shaping of the teacher *European Journal of Applied Linguistics and TEFL*
 Vol. 3 no. 2 pp. 107 - 126

Spiro, J. (2014) Learning interconnectedness: internationalisation through
engagement with one another  *Higher Education Quarterly* Vol. 68 no. 1 pp.
68 - 87

*Interviews and webinars*

*Spiro, J.  (2016) Research and Creativity I**ATEFL Research Special
Interest Group - worldwide webinar  June 8th 2016*

https://iatefl.adobeconnect.com/_a875541554/p3a42vko4gb/?launcher=false&fcsContent=true&pbMode=normal

 *Jane Spiro interviewed on creativity; Tokyo TEFLOLOGY podcast  November
2015*

 Blog link:
https://teflology-podcast.com/2016/05/25/tefl-interviews-20-jane-spiro-on-creativity-andreflection/
<https://teflology-podcast.com/2016/05/25/tefl-interviews-20-jane-spiro-on-creativity-and-reflection/>

 iTunes link:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/the-teflology-podcast/id897413013?mt=2

Founding member and co-convenor of the Creativity group:
http://thecreativitygroup.weebly.com/