Good afternoon all,

We are currently in the process of conserving and packing skeletons at the Cole Museum of Zoology ready for our decant next year. We have a common seal skeleton that we would like to bring out of storage and put on display, however as you can see by the attached photos it has a large section of its skull missing (we do not have the missing fragment).

Would anyone be able to provide us with similar photos of a whole skull of this species for our reference? We would also be very grateful for any advice on how to repair the skull, with such a large piece missing.

Many thanks and best wishes,

Meg

Meg Cathcart-James
Project Officer and Teaching Assistant

School of Biological Sciences
University of Reading, Berkshire UK

Email: [log in to unmask]
Tel: 0118 378 5087

For doctorate related communication, please email [log in to unmask]

Please follow Cole Museum of Zoology on Twitter: @ColeMM2019 @ColeZoology

To unsubscribe from the NATSCA list, click the following link:
https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?SUBED1=NATSCA&A=1