 I read it as a comparison between MLU's and homebirth? But now I've read it again I realise I misinterpreted the text in a different way!
 It appears that these guidelines have been generated from mostly Cochrane reviews which would make these statements due to the lack of place of birth RCT's. I think this needs to be explicitly stated alongside some narrative regarding the evidence that we do have i.e. Birthplace. The wording might need some adjustment to clarify, we don't need the press jumping on this and running with it!

Best wishes,
Claire Feeley
PhD Student/ MidwifeUniversity of Central Lancashire