Seems important to share these articles..

From: REPRONETWORK <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of "Prouty, Carolyn" <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Monday, 19 November 2018 at 19:10
To: "[log in to unmask]" <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: [REPRONETWORK] Two recent pieces of interest...

Hello good colleagues,

I’m passing along two pieces I have come across recently that I found valuable:

NYT oped 11.16.18: America is Blaming Women for Their Own Deaths (about maternal mortality)

From Birth Monopoly, a blog about the implications of the Alabama anti-abortion constitutional amendment that passed earlier this month, extending fetal personhood: How An Abortion Amendment Impacts Wanted Pregnancies and Birth.

With the heavy feeling that there is so much to work on, and gratitude for all of you/us who are doing it,

Yours,

Carolyn

Carolyn D. Prouty, DVM    she/her pronouns

Faculty, Public Health and Health Sciences

The Evergreen State College

Sem 2 A2117

2700 Evergreen Parkway NW

Olympia, WA  98505

(360) 867-6410

To unsubscribe from the MIDWIFERY-RESEARCH list, click the following link:
https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?SUBED1=MIDWIFERY-RESEARCH&A=1