Just to add to Helen’s post – if you are inspired by Theresa’s interview and want to learn more about using The Ventriloquist’s Daughter (by Lin Man-chiu, translated by Helen Wang, published Balestier Press) in the classroom, do have a look at our school bookclub reviews (including some new video reviews from Jordanhill School in Glasgow) and also at Theresa’s excellent blog with SOWs and practical ideas for using it in the classroom.  (There are also several other reviews of it by adults on our general book review page too if you are looking for inspiration for yourself!).

If you would like to know more about what we do at Leeds, or would like to join either as a book reviewer yourself or to set up a bookclub at your school, do get in touch ([log in to unmask]).

All the best

Frances

*************************

Dr Frances Weightman

Associate Professor of Chinese Studies

Director of The Leeds Centre for New Chinese Writing

School of Languages, Cultures and Societies

University of Leeds

Leeds LS2 9JT

Office: G.07, 14 Cromer Terrace

+44-(0)113-3433560

The Leeds Centre for New Chinese Writing

利兹大学当代华语文学研究中心

http://writingchinese.leeds.ac.uk