Dear Colleagues,

Dartford Grammar School would like to invite you to the Mandarin Chinese and the European Languages IB Networking Event on Friday 11th January 2019 from 12.45 to 15.45.

The day will be a fantastic opportunity for teachers to discuss developments relating to the IB Diploma, conduct moderation and share good practice.

Some sessions will be divided into subject specific groups but there will be opportunities throughout the day for teachers from each language to network. We would be very grateful if volunteers from other schools or universities in the network would be willing to lead a short 30 minutes CPD session so that we can share good practice from a variety of schools.

Some of the sessions could be about the following topics (mainly Ab initio in Mandarin Chinese and Higher Level in European languages), but any other suggestions are welcome:

·         Developing Listening skills

·         Developing Speaking skills

·         Teaching grammar and vocabulary

·         Improving skills for Reading

·         Access to authentic learning resources

·         Developing Writing skills

Please see below a schedule for Chinese delegates for the day:

Venue:                 Dartford Grammar School

Date:                     Friday 11th January 2019

Time:

12:30 – 12:45      Welcome

12:45 – 13:15      Workshop 1

13:15 – 13:45      Workshop 2

13:45 – 14:15      Break and refreshments

14:15 – 15:45      Moderation, discussion and sharing of resources

We welcome all schools, including those who do not currently teach Chinese Mandarin or the other languages, but are interested in introducing or developing them.

If you would like to attend, please contact me before Friday 7th December 2018, specifying whether you would be able to lead one of the workshop sessions.

Please email: [log in to unmask]"> [log in to unmask]

There is no cost for attendance.

Kind regards,

Miss Zhaojin Zhou

Mandarin Chinese Teacher

Confucius Classroom Manager

Dartford Grammar School

ddd        Confucious_Institute

To unsubscribe from the MANDARIN-CHINESE-TEACHING list, click the following link:
https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?SUBED1=MANDARIN-CHINESE-TEACHING&A=1