From: Mandarin Chinese Teaching <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of Susan Whittaker <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: 17 May 2016 18:36
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Chinatown Treasure Hunt Template

To anyone who would like to use it,  please find attached a Treasure Hunt template I did with Year 8s in China Town this year.   You’ll see it was over New Year period so a couple of questions might need to be changed but it was a ‘character’ treasure hunt in the main.

The sheet doesn’t come up too clearly as I had to scan it - if you want to recreate, the map came via Google.

The aim of our trip was simply to see China Town - despite us being a London school, many girls have not been - and to have a Chinese lunch.   I took 24 girls this year and 36 the year before - we split them up into groups of 8, each  with a teacher and they happily followed the trail and scribbled down characters.    It was a very low key trip and not as educational as including a trip to one of the museums but the students certainly had fun and engaged with the language.   They were given a bit of time after the hunt to buy souvenirs and bubble tea which also went down very well………

Hope it helps,
Sue
(Godolphin and Latymer School)

To unsubscribe from the MANDARIN-CHINESE-TEACHING list, click the following link:
https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?SUBED1=MANDARIN-CHINESE-TEACHING&A=1