From: Mandarin Chinese Teaching <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of Susan Whittaker <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: 17 May 2016 18:36
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Chinatown Treasure Hunt Template

To anyone who would like to use it,  please find attached a Treasure Hunt template I did with Year 8s in China Town this year.   You’ll see it was over New Year period so a couple of questions might need to be changed but it was a ‘character’ treasure hunt in the main.

The sheet doesn’t come up too clearly as I had to scan it - if you want to recreate, the map came via Google.

The aim of our trip was simply to see China Town - despite us being a London school, many girls have not been - and to have a Chinese lunch.   I took 24 girls this year and 36 the year before - we split them up into groups of 8, each  with a teacher and they happily followed the trail and scribbled down characters.    It was a very low key trip and not as educational as including a trip to one of the museums but the students certainly had fun and engaged with the language.   They were given a bit of time after the hunt to buy souvenirs and bubble tea which also went down very well………

Hope it helps,
Sue
(Godolphin and Latymer School)