Dear Colleagues,

Cypress Books and Sinolingua London would like to invite you to 'Exploring the Chinese Language Teaching under the New Specification', a teaching event and book exhibition in London on 1st December 2018.

This one-day event is designed for teachers who are teaching the new AQA and Edexcel GCSE Chinese (9-1), and Edexcel AS/A level Chinese qualifications. We hope this will be a great opportunity for teachers to explore and discuss the followings:

·        features and specific training of the new GCSE Chinese speaking;

·        classroom strategies for delivering the new GCSE Chinese writing;

·        how to teach the new AS and A Level Chinese particularly the Literary Texts and Film;

·        use of authentic contents and cultural elements;

·        browsing hundreds of teaching resources, including textbooks, supplementary and multi-media materials.

Our well-experienced speakers will provide expert guidance, a wealth of practical knowledge and tips on how to teach the new syllabus. Examiners from the leading UK examining boards, Suen Lik and Alice Webb; authors of the best-selling titles: Edexcel GCSE (9-1) Chinese, Chinese GCSE (9-1) series and Chinese for AS, Dr Qian KAN, Hua YAN, Xiaoming ZHANG and Eileen Lee, will share the features and strategies for delivering the new syllabus in classrooms. Participants will have the opportunity to discuss the challenges of teaching the new syllabus and ask questions. Programme is attached.

Time and Date: 9:30am – 4:00 pm Saturday, 1 December 2018

Venue: C2.15, University of Westminster, 115 New Cavendish Street, London W1W 6UW (opposite to the BT Tower)

Ticket: £20 (VAT is included), please register here.

Refreshment and lunch are provided.

Spaces are limited and will be granted on a first come first served basis. We look forward to seeing you on the day.

With best regards,

Gigi

Shu Tsz CHAN

Sales and Marketing Manager

logoBleuTransp.png

CypressBooks

Chinese bookshop since 1984

Unit 6, Provident Industrial Estate,

Pump Lane, HAYES, London

UB3 3NE, United Kingdom

Tel: 02088481500 / Fax: 02085611062

www.cypressbooks.com

facebook.png Twitter.png  flickr.png

To unsubscribe from the MANDARIN-CHINESE-TEACHING list, click the following link:
https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?SUBED1=MANDARIN-CHINESE-TEACHING&A=1