Hello everyone

I'm interested in how HE institutions provide reading lists to their FE partner college students.

Here at University of South Wales we use Aspire to provide our reading lists, including for partner colleges.  We have an agreement with the colleges that they provide the materials required for the students to study the HE courses. However, print materials in the reading lists only link to university catalogue records, and not the colleges (this is only a problem with print materials as the students have access to all e-resources).

We need to think of the best way to provide the students with information about print materials they need, while also directing them to their home campuses.

One of the methods we've tried was that for each print resource, we've made a web address link to the college library catalogue (either the homepage or the resource itself).  This can be pretty labour-intensive though, compared to quick catalogue bookmarking that we do within our tenancy.  We recently had a number of modules that were being taught across multiple colleges which meant that individual lists would need to be created for every college.

The other method we've tried is much quicker and allows us to use one list for multiple colleges.  We've created the reading list with resources linking to the University catalogue, but have added a note explaining that students need to source all print materials from their college campus.  They therefore have the details of the materials but have to search for them themselves.

I was just wondering if anyone has a different (better!) way of providing reading lists to their FE partner colleges?

Many thanks in advance
Rachael

Rachael Johnson  MSc (Econ), BA (Hons)
Llyfrgellydd Gwasanaeth Digidol | Digital Services Librarian
Gwasanaethau Llyfrgell  | Library Services
Prifysgol De Cymru | University of South Wales
Pontypridd
CF37 1DL
http://staff.southwales.ac.uk/users/4046-rvjohnso

Fy nyddiau gwaith arferol yw dydd Llun i ddydd Mercher | My normal working pattern is Monday to Wednesday.
http://teach.southwales.ac.uk/readinglists/