We're advertising for the role of Collection Development Assistant

Full time 1.0 FTE, 35 hours per week at the University of Roehampton's new Library
Location:       London
Salary: £ 23,332 to 26,260 p.a. inclusive of London Weighting Allowance
Hours:  Full Time
Contract Type:  Permanent
Closes: 9th December 2018
Job Ref:        RU01427

Start the New Year with a new role! We are looking for a Collection Development Assistant to join our Library Services department. You will play an active, collaborative and innovative role in the overall work of the Collections and Discovery team, working flexibly across the team as required. In the role you will support a range of services and activities including reading list management, digitisation, acquisitions, subscriptions, interlibrary loans and systems discovery.
We are looking for a team player who is reliable and flexible, with excellent attention to detail and accuracy. Ideally you will have some experience of library work and/or HE and a keen interest in Collections. We are a small friendly team which provides opportunities for all sorts of Collections work.
***
This is an exciting time for the University; our new £35m state-of-the art library has just opened and we are continuing to develop a number of external partnerships across the globe.

We have a strong emphasis on supporting our students to reach their full potential in order to launch themselves onto successful graduate careers and we are embarking on a radical programme of enhancement in learning and teaching across all our academic areas.

The University has a beautiful, vibrant parkland campus, is located in the heart of south-west London and offers excellent facilities for researching, learning, teaching and working.  We are proud of our achievements as a Post 1992 University and continue to build upon them.

To find out more information about the role and what we're looking for, visit the Working at Roehampton section of our website where you will find full details, how to apply, as well as further information about the benefits of working for us, or contact me below for an informal discussion.

http://www.roehampton.ac.uk/Working-at-Roehampton/<http://www.roehampton.ac.uk/Working-at-Roehampton/%20>

The closing date for completed applications is: Sun 9th December 2018

It is expected that interviews will be held on: Friday 14th December 2018

We'd love to hear from you!

Andrew Knight
Team Leader, Collections and Discovery
Library Services
University of Roehampton | London | SW15 5SZ
[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> | www.roehampton.ac.uk<http://www.roehampton.ac.uk/>
Tel: +44 (0) 20 8392 3038

This email and any attachments are confidential and intended solely for the addressee and may also be privileged or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the addressee, or have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately, delete it from your system and do not copy, disclose or otherwise act upon any part of this email or its attachments.

Internet communications are not guaranteed to be secure or virus-free. University of Roehampton does not accept responsibility for any loss arising from unauthorised access to, or interference with, any Internet communications by any third party, or from the transmission of any viruses.

Any opinion or other information in this e-mail or its attachments that does not relate to the business of University of Roehampton is personal to the sender and is not given or endorsed by University of Roehampton.

University of Roehampton is the trading name of Roehampton University, a company limited by guarantee incorporated in England under number 5161359. Registered Office: Grove House, Roehampton Lane, London SW15 5PJ. An exempt charity.