Hi Everyone,

Something seems to have changed with the ProQuest LION platform, and our users can't sign in to it from off-campus. The advice we've been giving our users is to use the "Remote Users: Login via your home organization" link; but, responding to a complaint from a user, I've searched all over LION and can't find that link anywhere. There's the 'My Archive' sign-in page, but that's not what we're looking for.

I reported this to ProQuest a couple of days ago, and they sent me a link to this page:
https://literature.proquest.com/marketing/index.jsp

Which is all well and good, but there's no way of navigating to that page from the LION home page, or any of the content that our users would have linked through to from our catalogue - so it's not much use to our users.

I did a bit more frantic clicking and found that if you click on:

*         'About'

*         ... then 'How do I connect to Literature Online from home?'

*         ... then click on 'Remote Access to Chadwyck-Healey  Products'

*         ... it says 'If your institution is member of the UK Access Management Federation ... then you will be able to login to this product by clicking on the link Remote Users: login via your home organization that appears on the homepage.'

So, we weren't making it up; there must have been a "Login via your home organization" link there at some point!

Is anybody else having this problem, and come up with a way around it? Has something disappeared? Or am I missing something obvious? Or have we been advising our users wrong all this time? All suggestions gratefully received.

Many thanks,

Tom

Aberystwyth University

Prifysgol Aberystwyth www.aber.ac.uk
Prifysgol y Flwyddyn ar gyfer Ansawdd Dysgu - The Times & The Sunday Times 2019.

Aberystwyth University www.aber.ac.uk
University of the Year for Teaching Quality - The Times & The Sunday Times 2019.

lis-e-resources is a UKSG list - http://www.uksg.org
Follow us on Twitter:  https://twitter.com/UKSG