Dear Colleagues,

I am currently LIS/iSchool rep for CILIPs information Literacy Group. I’m seeking expressions of interest from those who would be interested in sharing the role with me.

What does the role entail? Most importantly, and unsurprisingly, it requires an interest in information literacy research and teaching. It also involves attending ILG committee meetings (usually 4 per year – ie 2 pro-rata), keeping the committee updated on significant developments within the ‘library school’ sector, scrutinising bids for ILG Research Bursaries, getting involved in information literacy related projects and initiatives, occasionally representing ILG within and outside the information community and contributing ideas for the development of information literacy as a concept.

If you are interested and wish to have an informal discussion about the role please get in touch with me.

Written expressions of interest should be sent to Jane Secker: [log in to unmask] by 11th December explaining what you will bring to the role and your vision for the future.

Best wishes,

Geoff

Dr Geoff Walton,

Senior Lecturer Information and Communications,

Programme Leader MA Library & Information Management,

Room 444 Geoffrey Manton Building,

Department of Languages, Information & Communications,

Faculty of Arts & Humanities,

Manchester Metropolitan University,

Rosamond Street West,

Manchester, UK.

M15 6LL

Tel: +44 (0)161 247 6145

Chair, Editorial Board, Journal of Information Literacy

Member Editorial Board, New Review of Academic Librarianship

Member Editorial Advisory Board, Reference Services Review

My Google Scholar page

Office hours:   Mondays 1pm-2pm, Tuesdays 1pm-2pm, Wednesdays 1pm-2pm or email me for an appointment.

"Before acting on this email or opening any attachments you should read the Manchester Metropolitan University email disclaimer available on its website http://www.mmu.ac.uk/emaildisclaimer "

To unsubscribe from the LIS-BAILER list, click the following link:
https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?SUBED1=LIS-BAILER&A=1