Dear All

Manda Forster from Dig Ventures has asked me to circulate the message below to HER Forum members.

Best wishes

Nick

***************

Dear all

We hope you have heard about the Digital Archives in Archaeology project, organised under the auspices of the Archaeological Archives Forum and funded by Historic England. The project aims to provide guidance for practitioners working with digital data in archaeology. It will be delivered by DigVentures who have teamed up with CIfA to ensure that new guidance is consistent with the CIfA Standards and guidance.

The project is conducting an initial short survey to help identify key areas for the project to focus on and give a general feel for how people currently work with and manage digital data in archaeology. We would be grateful if you would participate – and circulate to any colleagues who might be interested!

The survey is not meant to be exhaustive and there will be areas which are not covered here - this is just a Starter for Ten and there will be more to come… But, if you want to make sure any particular concerns or thoughts are heard, please get in touch with the project manager, Manda Forster, directly ([log in to unmask]).

Here is the link to start the survey: https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/DigDigital_1

The survey will close at the end of November, so please response as soon as possible - thank you for your participation!

You can find out more about the project here: https://digventures.com/projects/digital-archives/

… and look for updates on Twitter #DigDigital

*********

Manda Forster PhD MCIfA

Programme Manager

@manda_forster

Skype: manda.forster

DigVentures Ltd | The Workshop | Victoria Yard | 26 Newgate | Barnard Castle DL12 8NG

DigVentures Limited is registered as a private company in England and Wales.

Company Reg No. 7854519. Registered at our London Office.

The information in this e-mail is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee.  Access to this e-mail by anyone else is unauthorised. If you are not the intended recipient any disclosure, copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on this email is prohibited and may be unlawful.

Historic England Logo

We are the public body that helps people care for, enjoy and celebrate England's spectacular historic environment, from beaches and battlefields to parks and pie shops.
Follow us:  Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram     Sign up to our newsletter

This e-mail (and any attachments) is confidential and may contain personal views which are not the views of Historic England unless specifically stated. If you have received it in error, please delete it from your system and notify the sender immediately. Do not use, copy or disclose the information in any way nor act in reliance on it. Any information sent to Historic England may become publicly available. We respect your privacy and the use of your information. Please read our full privacy policy for more information.

To unsubscribe from the HERFORUM list, click the following link:
https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?SUBED1=HERFORUM&A=1