These were my suggested lines of investigation to Rudra yesterday:

·         Is the anomalous sample from greater depth? If so possible poorly flushed water?

·         Does the borehole / well have a different water level response (or if you have undertaken falling head tests is the borehole much less permeable)? If so possible poorly flushed water?

·         Could the borehole be contaminated by a septic tank, sewage or manure pile (this could be the cause of high alkalinity and would also likely have low dissolved oxygen and likely elevated organic carbon)

Nick

Nick Rukin

RUKHYDRO Limited

Web: www.rukhydro.co.uk