Dear all,

There are still spaces left on our forthcoming, and exciting GCG seminar in Cardiff, on a theme of ‘Inspiring Volunteers-Promoting Collections’, on 4th and 5th December.

Please see the attached 2nd circular for details, but if you would like to come along, please do register as soon as possible, preferably through our website www.geocurator.org.

We’d love to make this a really great conference, so if you have been a volunteer, or manage volunteers, or would like to find out more about volunteer projects in curatorial settings then please do come along. We can even still accept posters if you’d like to let me know this week! It’s also a great chance to see the galleries and collections in the National Museum of Wales, and to meet up with other like-minded curators, geologists, volunteers, conservators and other wonderful people.

If you’ve already booked then please note that I’m happy to take anyone to see the nearby Upper Triassic dinosaur footprint site on Thursday morning as the tides will be perfect. Let me know if you’d like to come along and we’ll try to coordinate lifts.

Also if you have an interest in minerals, then you might be interested in speaker Roy Starkey’s impressive new book Minerals of the English Midlands. He’s happy to bring copies along to the meeting if you let him know in advance – which will save you the postage (see below)!

Do come along, and please circulate to colleagues, volunteers and other societies.

Cindy

PS - GCG Member and speaker Roy Starkey has offered to bring copies of his new book Minerals of the English Midlands to the meeting for delegates to buy (thus saving £10 on postage). You can find details of the book, together with sample page images on Roy’s website here https://britishmineralogy.com/wordpress/? page_id=878  The book runs to more than 400 pages, weighs over 2 kg and is a major reference work on the subject, likely to be a valuable reference source for anyone caring for a British mineral collection. If you would like Roy to bring a copy for you, please let him know in advance of the meeting (email [log in to unmask] ).

Cindy Howells

GCG membership secretary

Curator and Collections Manager (Palaeontology)

Natural Sciences, National Museum of Wales, Cathays Park, Cardiff, CF10 3NP

Phone: 029 20573 354

Come and see Dracoraptor: the new Welsh Dinosaur on display now!

_______________________________________

Facebook Group: South Wales Fossil Hunters

Geological Curators’ Group 2018 AGM, Cardiff 4th Dec www.geocurator.org

SVPCA/SPPC – Isle of Wight, Sept 2019 www.svpca.org

South Wales Geologists’ Association www.swga.org.uk

South East Wales RIGS group https://sewrigs.wordpress.com/

YMWADIAD
Rydym yn croesawu gohebiaeth yn Gymraeg a Saesneg, ac yn sicrhau y byddwn yn cyfathrebu â chi yn eich iaith ddewisol, boed yn Gymraeg, Saesneg neu’r ddwy, dim ond i chi ein hysbysu. Ni fydd gohebu yn Gymraeg yn peri oedi.

Mae pob neges e-bost a anfonir at neu gan Amgueddfa Cymru yn cael ei
sganio gan systemau diogelwch awtomatig. Sganiwyd y neges hon am firysau cyn ei hanfon, ond dylech hefyd wirio bod y neges, a phob atodiad ynddi, yn rhydd o firysau cyn ei defnyddio. Nid ydym yn derbyn cyfrifoldeb am unrhyw golled neu ddifrod o ganlyniad i agor y neges neu unrhyw atodiadau. Gall y neges hon ac unrhyw ffeiliau a atodir ynddi gynnwys gwybodaeth gyfrinachol a fwriadwyd ar gyfer y derbynnydd yn unig. Os ydych chi wedi derbyn y neges trwy gamgymeriad, hysbyswch ni a dileu’r neges. Safbwyntiau personol yr awdur a fynegir yn y neges hon, ac nid ydynt o reidrwydd yn cynrychioli safbwyntiau Amgueddfa Cymru. Nid ydym yn derbyn cyfrifoldeb am unrhyw wallau, llygredd neu esgeulustod a allai godi wrth drosglwyddo'r neges hon.

DISCLAIMER

We welcome correspondence in Welsh and English, and we will ensure that we communicate with you in the language of your choice, whether that’s English, Welsh or both if you let us know which you prefer. Corresponding in Welsh will not lead to any delay.

E-mail to and from Amgueddfa Cymru is scanned by automated security systems. This message was scanned for viruses before transmission, but you should also satisfy yourself that the message, and all attachments, are virus-free before use. We can accept no responsibility for any loss or damage that might arise from opening the message or any attachments. This message and any files transmitted with it may contain confidential information intended only for the recipient. If you receive the message by mistake please inform us and delete it. The views expressed in this message are the personal views of the author and may not necessarily represent those of Amgueddfa Cymru. We accept no liability for any errors, corruption or omissions that might arise in transmission of this message.

Scanned by FuseMail.

To unsubscribe from the GEO-CURATORS list, click the following link:
https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?SUBED1=GEO-CURATORS&A=1