From: List for discussion of issues in museum education in the UK. <[log in to unmask]> On Behalf Of Claire Adler
Sent: 21 November 2018 17:57
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Veterans, PTSD and Museums

I presume you are aware of Waterloo Uncovered - although they are not a museum they are an organisation working with veterans using heritage. http://www.waterloouncovered.com/

Best wishes

Claire

Claire Adler

Heritage Consultant: Learning, Community, Development

268 Cherry Hinton Road, Cambridge, CB1 7AU

01223 411555

07970671965

www.claireadler.co.uk<http://www.claireadler.co.uk/>

www.twitter.com/cladle<http://www.twitter.com/cladle>

https://uk.linkedin.com/in/claire-adler-b186856

On Wednesday, 21 November 2018, 17:46:31 GMT, Robson, Sarah V. <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Good evening GEM-ers, I am currently researching my dissertation as the final part of my MA in Museum Studies with the University of Leicester.

For my dissertation I am looking into whether Regimental Museums can engage with the Veterans community to combat the dominant military narrative on PTSD, and how they can then present this to a wider public to promote critical engagement and empathy.

I am really (really!) struggling to find examples of museums that have worked with Veterans and wondered if anyone here had any experiences they would be willing to share?

Many thanks, Sarah Robson

+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + GEM list: Contact the list owner for assistance at [log in to unmask] Anyone can join for free at any time by sending this message to [log in to unmask]: Join GEM Firstname Secondname Include only the text above, without email signature etc. The title of the email doesn’t matter. Send it to [log in to unmask] If you are going on holiday or have an out of office message for some other reason, you can send this message: Set GEM nomail When you get back: Set GEM mail You don’t 'miss' any messages by doing this as they are all available via main GEM list web page as above. Finally, if you need to change your email address, but stay subscribed to GEM, just send your new email address like this: CHANGE GEM [log in to unmask] + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +