Sean,

It is certainly the case that subsequent calls to fabber normally run from the output of a previous call, and it is the finalMVN that gets passed along. This is to ensure we get a robust convergence for the model inference as possible. I am not sure what is going wrong in this case - what version of oxford_asl are you using?

Michael