Hello,
Please, could you give me some hints?

Thank you
John

El mar., 20 nov. 2018 a las 16:16, John Zackary (<[log in to unmask]>) escribió:

Good afternoon,

I performed a volumetry analysis with Matlab in 40 regions of interest (ROIs) -same structure bilaterally- comparing controls and cases and obtained the p-values associated with the t-test, without correction for multiple comparisons. One p-value is 0.02 but the other 39 p-values are in the range 0.6-0.8. Therefore when I correct with family-discovery-rate (FDR) the threshold is 0.02 and none of the regions are significant. As I am thinking it is: why the 0.02 region has the “fault” that the other regions have such a higher p-value? Is there a way to justify this and make the volume changes in the 0.02 region significant?

Thank you very much,

John