Hi,

Just adding to Tom's: for between-subject effects it's possible to include in the design within-subject slopes to accommodate intra-subject variability, then do a permutation test using multi-level blocks, that is, participants with 2 visits would be permuted with each other, whereas those with 1 visit would be permuted with each other.

Cheers,

Anderson