Hi Katharina,

It’s not uncommon to find a large number of components when using the automatic estimation. This is not caused by any problem as such, and tends to be related to the amount of data that you feed in. I would advice to use automatic estimation for single-run clean-up purposes, but to set the dimensionality as desired using the -d flag for group ICA analyses.

Best wishes,

Janine