-the objective, James, is not to obtain a shared-decision that both patient and clinician value (even at the cost of using a magic crystal ball)
-the objective is to avoid medical avoidable suffering and deaths (to change causes of death, to prolong lifes and to increase its quality, when possible by medical interventions)
-shared-decision that patient and clinician value is just an intermediate outome, satisfaction
-but higher patient satisfaction is associated with greater inpatient use, higher overall health care and prescription drug expenditures, and increased mortality.
https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jamainternalmedicine/fullarticle/1108766
-un saludo juan gérvas @JuanGrvas