From: ESOL-Research discussion forum and message board [[log in to unmask]] on behalf of Alan Johnson [[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 20 November 2018 11:54
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Looking for suggestions for dictionaries for use in City & Guilds exams E2 ad E3 reading

Dear all

I think the issue here is not so much the quality of the dictionaries themselves, but whether they include the words which City and Guilds set as dictionary tasks in their exams. Unfortunately, many of the words are not included in common low level dictionaries. I remember once doing an E2 exam with a total of 5 different dictionaries in the room, none of which included the word in question.

My suggestion would be to address this issue directly with City and Guilds, and see what they recommend.

Kind regards
Alan