Hi there,

Just think that the didactic nature of the educational experience in art and design has left a lot of linear thinking, and a desire to emulate what is already ‘ok’ rather than experimentation, investigation or even figuring things out. It has perhaps lead to a lack of ownership over creative decisions  resulting in a sense of powerlessness.

Students are rigid with anxiety and seem to need so much more encouragement to trust themselves and their decision making.

Joanna

Sent: 08 November 2018 11:23
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [DRAWING-RESEARCH] Re Igniting '[DRAWING-RESEARCH]

Hi

I find the English pre-university system prescriptive and as a consequence students  aim to tick the correct boxes in order to progress. It takes clever 'footwork' on the part of educationalists to enable an independent experimental approach to art working whilst still meeting the demands of an exam system.

Chris