Peter,

You say “I am sure any recommendations are welcome but also wonder, would it be more helpful to send them in private?” I'm grappling with this too. I'm trained in geography. My answer is.....

Yes, no, maybe...

Solutions?.........

·         Were this a paper survey, I could scan it. Perhaps we need to display ALL the questions first BEFORE the answering starts?

This case?         Without looking at the work.........

This case?         AFTER looking at the work.........

·         I barely got past the intro and first question which created 2 new labels or acronyms no one needs (PRM or whatever). Now I'm a “person with reduced mobility” (PRM)?

·         Question 2 is unanswerable for me. I stopped there. I live 5 blocks from the center of a town of 25,000 people in one of the most rural counties in California 200 miles from a larger town. I can't begin to guess which I should choose.

2. In what kind of area do you reside?

City centre

Urban

Suburban

Rural

·         Were this a paper survey, I could scan ahead to see if there are other questions that might mitigate how my answer might be misconstrued. Perhaps we need to display ALL the questions first BEFORE the answering starts?

Devva Kasnitz, PhD

Spring 2018 -- Kate Welling Distinguished Scholar in Disability Studies, Miami University, Oxford, OH

Adj Professor, City University of New York—School of Professional Studies—Disability Studies

Executive Director, Society for Disability Studies, PO BOX 5570, Eureka CA 95502