_______________________________________
From: Andrea Beyer <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: 21 November 2018 22:39

Dear colleagues,

we would like to draw your attention to the Call for Papers for the workshop "Digital Approaches to Teaching Historical Languages" which will take place on March 28 and 29, 2019 at the Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin.

This workshop is organised by our interdisciplinary project CALLIDUS<https://www.projekte.hu-berlin.de/en/callidus-en> (Computer-Aided Language Learning: Lexikonerwerb im Lateinunterricht durch korpusgestützte Methoden - Vocabulary Acquisition in Latin using Corpus-based Methods) in which three different departments are working together: the Computer- and Mediaservices (Malte Dreyer), the Didactics of Latin (Stefan Kipf) and the Corpuslinguistics (Anke Lüdeling). Our common aim is to prove the usefulness of corpus-based methods for teaching Latin and to develop a digital tool as a prototype of corpus-based vocabulary acquisition.

The keynote speakers are:

Peter J. Anderson (USA, Classics) and Detmar Meurers, (Germany, Linguistics)

For the detailed call for papers please follow the link:

https://www.projekte.hu-berlin.de/en/callidus-en/dattel/digital-approaches-to-teaching-historical-languages-dattel?set_language=en

The deadline for the abstracts has been extended until December 9, 2018.

We kindly ask you to disseminate our call in your departments or networks.

With best regards (on behalf of all organisers)

Andrea Beyer