Dear ccp4 community,

I have recently been working with a structure that has an Asparagine that makes a planar stacking connection with a Tryptophan ring (pep_ASN-TRP_v2.png), that seem to be a true pi-stacking interaction and I'd like to find more examples of this.

I've found a few other examples in the literature but they are mostly amide hydrogen-pi interactions (4PTI_ASN-TYR_v2.png and 1N4W_ASN-FAD_v2.png), which can be seen by the way the Asn is dipping down into the pi-cloud. One potential exception is of a DNA-binding protein where the orientation is more planar (3HXQ_GLN-DNA_v2.png).

So, I'm looking for examples of Asparagine or Glutamine pi-stacking and am sure there are more of them out there and would greatly appreciate any examples.

best regards

Michael

Michael Jarva, PhD
ACRF Chemical Biology Division

The Walter and Eliza Hall Institute of Medical Research
1G Royal Parade
Parkville Victoria 3052
Australia

Phone: +61 3 9345 2493
Email: [log in to unmask]
 | Web: http://www.wehi.edu.au/

The ACRF Chemical Biology Division is supported by the

Australian Cancer Research Foundation

The information in this email is confidential and intended solely for the addressee.
You must not disclose, forward, print or use it without the permission of the sender.

The Walter and Eliza Hall Institute acknowledges the Wurundjeri people of the Kulin
Nation as the traditional owners of the land where our campuses are located and
the continuing connection to country and community.